Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Stash!!

There's nothing better than having a good stash day!

I ordered this little lot from Get Knitted Saturday tea time and it arrived this morning.

I got some different sock yarn from Lorna's Laces in a purple/black colour which I'm looking forward to starting. Also, some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a sort of rusty colour. This is for the fingerless gloves (yes, I do know how hot it is outside!!) in the latest Knitty. They are called Fetching. There is a bit of cable on there as well, which I haven't done since last year when I did the Coast bag and scarf.

The other thing in the picture is some 4mm double pointed needles as they gloves are worked in the round (4 needles on the go). I prefer the wooden ones to the metal ones. I found the metal ones very slippy and stitches easily fell off the end of the needle. These are Clover bamboo ones.

Also, yesterday, we went into town and I bought some Sirdar Snuggly wool and a pattern to have a go at making a baby cardigan. I've not really ventured into clothing yet so i thought something small to start off with might be ok. Also, I know somebody who had a baby on Saturday and somebody else who is due anytime.

So, that's this weeks stash! I don't think there will be anymore this week, but you never can tell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home