Monday, July 17, 2006

Bags, socks and other bits

Ok, some quick pics of a few things I've knitted. I'll post more of my stitching later.

First up, a bag made of Sari Silk from a free pattern on www.knitty.com. It didn't take long and was easy to do, just knitting and increasing rows as you go. I've done 2 of these. They're quite strong and unlike other bags, I haven't needed to line it.

Another bag. I can't remember which wool or pattern I used now but it was my first go at felting. It came out ok, it works as a bag anyway, but I will try it again.

A pair of socks! This is my first attempt. I used some Opal sock yarn called Zebra. I say its my first attempt, I had lots of attempts, but this is the first successful one! I think I'm addicted now!

Clapotis!! Another free pattern from Knitty.com I used some Hipknits silk rather than the one they reccomended. I can't remember what shade now. Once I got going, I really enjoyed it and hope to do another one soon.

Lastly for now, another bag. This was using Pattons Washed Haze and Coast. It was also my first attempt at cable. There was a scarf pattern as well which I did for somebody I work with.

I have got pics of scarves I did for Christmas last year somewhere and I haven't put everything I've done on here, but this is just to give you an idea of the sort of stuff I'm doing. Hope you like!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home